Adolescent men who have sex with men (AMSM) are disproportionately affected by HIV. However, there are a lack of HIV prevention programs designed specifically for AMSM. That's why we created SMART, the Sexual Minority Adolescent Risk Taking Project.
What is SMART?
SMART is an online sex education and HIV prevention program designed to meet the sexual health needs of AMSM. SMART covers topics like navigating sex and romantic relationships, understanding sexual and gender identities, and connecting with the LGBT community. The program is available in English and Spanish for teens who live in the U.S. and Puerto Rico.
We Want To Answer These Questions
Does SMART reduce HIV risk among AMSM?
Does SMART reduce HIV risk across sub-groups of AMSM? For example:
- Does it work the same for English and Spanish speaking AMSM?
- Does it work the same for AMSM who identify as different races and ethnicities?
- Does it work the same for younger and older teens?
How should we deliver SMART in the future?
- How cost effective is SMART?
- Who should deliver SMART? Schools? Healthcare providers? Community-based organizations? Others?