Research Application Design and Development (RADD)
The Research Application Design and Development (RADD) team provides ISGMH researchers technical services in order to design, develop, and implement effective research technologies and tools. RADD also provides expertise in recruitment and retention strategies to help researchers find participants to engage with their technical products and maintain their engagement. The team's services include development of software to be used within interventions, user interface and experience design, graphic design, wide-scale implementation strategy support, and social media recruitment campaign development.
The RADD team has not only developed technologies to implement and support ISGMH’s various research initiatives, but has also developed new technologies for various Northwestern University collaborators and external academic collaborators. The team continues to help researchers push their digital health interventions to exciting new horizons.
How We Assist Researchers
- Grant writing support
- Prototype development
- Software development and quality control testing
- Project management
- UX and UI design
- Usability testing consultation
- Graphic design and animation
- Social media campaign development
- Social media recruitment strategies
Our Custom Platforms
The RADD team has developed several platforms to meet the research needs of a variety of projects.
- RADD Chat – An online communication tool for contacting research participants via SMS, MMS, and phone. This platform allows researchers to schedule messages, set away messages, record and transcribe calls, and download relevant data.
- SMART – A multi-tiered intervention application with REDCap integration that allows the seamless transition of participants from one intervention to the next.
- Rainbow – A multilingual eHealth intervention platform that allows researchers to create multiple interventions and assign participants to those interventions.
- Multi-tenant Platform – A multi-tenant platform where multiple projects can use the same instance of an application, rather than each being deployed separately. The main benefit is that when adding features or fix bugs, our team can apply the changes to all projects at the same time. This also means there’s less overhead to manage because we have a single database, single server, and single domain name.
If you are interested in partnering with the RADD team, please contact Rana Saber, Director of Operations.