Research Study Coordinator Senior
Coordinates & completes the day to day administrative & technical activities involved in a single complex, large, nationwide, or multiple moderately complex concurrent biomedical &/or social-behavioral research study(ies) involving multiple sites& /or longitudinal assessments/ interventions. Ensures that all activities are completed by strictly following Good Clinical Practices (GCP) & all relevant current local, state, & federal laws, regulations, guidance, policy & procedure developed by the NU Institutional Review Board (IRB), Food & Drug Administration (FDA) Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), & the International Conference on Harmonization (ICH).
Please Note: Supervisor provides objectives, deadlines and specific instructions only for new, difficult, and/or unusual work. Work is reviewed upon completion and only occasionally to verify technical accuracy and compliance with practice, policy, and procedures. EE informs supervisor of on-going progress and/or potentially controversial matters.
- Participates in the planning & conduct of research studies.
- Reviews project & protocol & recommends strategies to expedite study.
- Recruits & retains participants.
- Obtains informed consent.
- Administers tests &/or questionnaires following protocols.
- Collects, compiles, tabulates &/or process responses.
- Gathers information.
- Extracts & analyzes data from medical charts.
- Completes basic clinical procedures such as drawing blood & obtaining blood pressure.
- Monitors & maintains systems for effective participant and data flow for studies.
- Designs & constructs experimental stimuli.
- Performs physical function assessment.
- Manages study databases which may include ensuring that data is collected & entered correctly.
- Reviews & analyzes data.
- Creates computer models, graphs, reports & summaries for use in publications, professional journals, & grant applications.
- Writes portions of grant applications.
- Co-authors scientific papers for presentation & publication.
- Researches & obtains funding.
- Creates & maintains study manuals regarding operating, safety, and etc. procedures.
- Ensures that all study documents associated with current local, state, & federal regulatory guidelines, requirements, laws & research protocols are completed in a timely manner.
- May process payments for research participants per study protocol.
- Creates lab financial plan & budget/audit expenses.
- Obtains sales quotes for lab equipment & supplies.
- Reviews & adjusts expenses to decrease costs.
- Oversees repair & maintenance of all lab equipment & ensures that lab supplies are ready & available when necessary.
- Administers budget including negotiating with grant sponsors.
- Maintains & reconciles expenditures & balances in regard to research accounts & budgets.
- Trains, directs, assigns duties to & may supervise research staff, students, residents &/or fellows.
- Acts as a mentor in regard to education of junior coordinators.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree in a major such as social or health science or related; OR appropriate combination of education and experience and 4 years' research study or other relevant experience required; OR
- Successful completion of a full course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a master's or higher degree in a major such as social or health science or related; OR appropriate combination of education and experience and 2 years' research study or other relevant experience.
- Must complete NU's IRB CITI training before interacting with any participants & must re-certify every 3 years
At Northwestern, we are proud to provide meaningful, competitive, high-quality health care plans, retirement benefits, tuition discounts and more! Visit us at https://www.northwestern.edu/hr/benefits/index.html to learn more.
Work-Life and Wellness:
Northwestern offers comprehensive programs and services to help you and your family navigate life’s challenges and opportunities, and adopt and maintain healthy lifestyles.
We support flexible work arrangements where possible and programs to help you locate and pay for quality, affordable childcare and senior/adult care. Visit us at https://www.northwestern.edu/hr/benefits/work-life/index.html to learn more.
Professional Growth & Development:
Northwestern supports employee career development in all circumstances whether your workspace is on campus or at home. If you’re interested in developing your professional potential or continuing your formal education, we offer a variety of tools and resources. Visit us at https://www.northwestern.edu/hr/learning/index.html to learn more.
To Apply: To apply for this position, navigate to careers.northwestern.edu, search for job ID 48987, and click Apply for Job.
ISGMH Diversity Statement: ISGMH’s commitment to diversity is critical to our mission of advancing access to excellence in academic programs, world-class research, and health programs. Engagement in discrimination or harassment against any person because of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military service, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity or expression will not be tolerated. Through its work, ISGMH advances the health and wellbeing of LGBTQ individuals. Staff and trainees should expect to find a diversity of sexual orientations and gender identities among ISGMH staff, trainees, research participants, and in outreach experiences. We highlight the importance of respecting and valuing this aspect of diversity among staff and trainees.
Northwestern strongly recommends COVID-19 vaccinations and boosters for people who can obtain them as a critical tool for minimizing severe illness. More information can be found on the COVID-19 and Campus Updates webpage.
The Northwestern campus sits on the traditional homelands of the people of the Council of Three Fires, the Ojibwe, Potawatomi, and Odawa as well as the Menominee, Miami and Ho-Chunk nations. We acknowledge and honor the original people of the land upon which Northwestern University stands, and the Native people who remain on this land today.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Click for information on EEO is the Law.
Pay transparency Verbiage: Target hiring range for this position will be between $22.52-$31.67 per hour. Offered salary will be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.