We are currently recruiting for the following research studies – see below for eligibility and more.
Keep It Up! 3.0 (KIU! 3.0) is an online, interactive program designed for gay, bisexual, and queer men between 18 – 29 years old living across the USA. KIU! uses a variety of content (e.g., videos, animation, and games) to increase sexual health knowledge, motivate and teach safer behaviors, and encourage healthy relationships. Participants will have the chance to win raffle prizes such as gift cards throughout the program. If you are interested in finding out if you are eligible for KIU!, please click here to complete a short survey.
- Time Period: 2019 – 2022
- Funder: National Institute of Mental Health
- Study ID: STU00207476
- Eligibility: Young cisgender men who have sex with men (YMSM), are 18–29 years old, and who are HIV negative.
- Contact: Call 312-598-1411 or email email@example.com to learn more.
2GETHER is a study of a relationship education program for male couples across the United States. Couples who enroll will receive free relationship education workshops and will be paid for completing follow-up assessments for 1 year. Each member of the couple can earn up to $250 for participation.
- Time Period: 2017 – present
- Funder: National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA), National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) Award Numbers R01AA024065 & 1DP2DA042417-01
- Eligibility: Both partners assigned male at birth and currently identify as male, consider each other to be main partners, and both 18 years old or older. There is no relationship length criteria and couples of all HIV status are encouraged to sign up. Click here to see if you’re eligible.
- Contact: Text the word 2GETHER to 773-340-9825 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
SMART is an online sex education program created specifically for gay, bi, and queer teens. SMART covers important topics like navigating sex and romantic relationships, understanding sexual and gender identities, connecting with the LGBT community, and much more! Participants also earn up to $125 for completing online surveys. By joining SMART, you can make a big difference in helping us create better sexual health programs for queer teens!
- Time Period: August 2016 – February 2021
- Funder: National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities
- Contact: Email email@example.com or click here to learn more about SMART.
PrEPping Parents for PrEP, or P3, is a study for parents of Gay, Bi, and Queer teen guys. It was created to understand parental attitudes towards PrEP and learn more about the kind of information that parents want and need. Parents are the single most important source of education for their teen and this means they have a unique opportunity to teach their teens how to make right choices, be safe, and still have a good time creating new experiences. We believe that by educating parents about new ways to prevent HIV, they will, in turn, feel empowered to help their teens stay healthy, safe, and HIV negative. Parents can earn up to $80 by participating.