Coordinates & completes the day to day administrative & technical activities involved in a single complex, large, nationwide or multiple moderately complex concurrent biomedical &/or social-behavioral research study(ies) involving multiple sites& /or longitudinal assessments/ interventions. Ensures that all activities are completed by strictly following Good Clinical Practices (GCP) & all relevant current local, state, & federal laws, regulations, guidance, policy & procedure developed by the NU Institutional Review Board (IRB), Food & Drug Administration (FDA) Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), & the International Conference on Harmonization (ICH).
- Participates in the planning & conduct of research studies.
- Reviews project & protocol & recommends strategies to expedite study.
- Recruits & retains participants.
- Obtains informed consent.
- Administers tests &/or questionnaires following protocols.
- Collects, compiles, tabulates &/or process responses.
- Gathers information.
- Monitors & maintains systems for effective participant and data flow for studies.
- Track, coordinate, and manage submissions for publications, documents, shared resources, websites/social media, and grant applications (etc.).
- Assist with editing/writing and referencing correspondence, white papers, manuscripts, etc.
- Manage and coordinate EndNote libraries to properly format citations and bibliographies.
- Collates relevant statistical results & prepares tables, charts & graphs reflecting relationships of multiple data sources.
- Prepares reports for investigators and sponsors on recruitment status and other pertinent study data.
- Determines format, elements, trends, etc. in various dissemination-targets (websites, journal, popular media/press)
- Assures compliance of submissions with publisher or funding agency guidelines
- Leads execution & control of a publication and reference management system
- Performs literature searches to update current bibliographies with the most recent published manuscripts outside of ISGMH.
- Conducts quality assurance of EndNote library to maintain accurate, non-duplicated, and complete records of all publications.
- Assures compliance of publications with the NIH Public Access Policy, when applicable
- Assures adherence to industry standards for publication production.
- Provides technical leadership in and develops protocols for publication and reference management best-practices.
- Develops and leads execution of research dissemination
- Participates in the development of the research dissemination strategy of research team.
- Identifies media venues that align with dissemination strategy and publishes products produced by research team in these venues.
- Leads overall execution of dissemination strategy of research team.
- Executes research activities between sponsoring agencies, collaborating organizations &/or other research &/or educational institutions.
- Creates new web pages and/or updates standard information/data within the application’s content management program.
- Works closely with PI and research team to develop a branding strategy that aligns with the dissemination strategy.
- Maintains and continually updates research team’s website and other social media accounts to implement branding strategy
- Manages study databases which may include ensuring that data is collected & entered correctly.
- Reviews & analyzes data.
- Creates computer models, graphs, reports & summaries for use in publications, professional journals, & grant applications.
- Writes portions of grant applications.
- Ensures that all study documents associated with current local, state, & federal regulatory guidelines, requirements, laws & research protocols are completed in a timely manner.
- Maintains websites and/or blogs.
- May process payments for research participants per study protocol.
- Reviews & adjusts expenses to decrease costs.
- Maintains & reconciles expenditures & balances in regard to research accounts & budgets.
- Acts as a mentor in regard to education of junior coordinators.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor’s or higher degree in a major such as social or health science or related; OR appropriate combination of education and experience and 4 years’ research study or other relevant experience required; OR
- Successful completion of a full course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a master’s or higher degree in a major such as social or health science or related; OR appropriate combination of education and experience and 2 years’ research study or other relevant experience.
- Must complete Northwestern’s IRB CITI training before interacting with any participants & must re-certify every 3 years.
- Intermediate knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, email, and database software programs is required, including EndNote.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to work closely with colleagues at different sites and across different disciplines
- Ability to work well with deadlines
- Able to use social media platforms (twitter, facebook, researchgate).
- Must be familiar with software to assist in organizing projects, managing websites and social media accounts.
- A bachelor’s degree in social sciences, health/behavioral sciences, information science, library sciences, or communication and 3 years practical research study experience or related; or 5 years practical research study or related experience; OR
- Master’s degree in an information science, library sciences, or communication and 1 year of experience.
- 3-5 years of experience with applied database management and research publication production, or the equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
- 2-4 years of experience working in a team.
- 2-4 years of experience working with federal grants and/or contracts.
- Experience maintaining complex database systems and manage documentation.
- Experience developing branding and dissemination strategies.
- Experience in conducting research publication searches using NIHMHS IDs and PUBMED IDs, as well as using publication search websites like Google Scholar and PubMed.
- Experience in formatting, editing, and submitting manuscripts for scientific publications.
To Apply: To apply for this position, navigate to https://careers.northwestern.edu and apply for job ID 32845.
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment. Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.
ISGMH Diversity Statement: ISGMH’s commitment to diversity is critical to our mission of advancing access to excellence in academic programs, world-class research, and health programs. Engagement in discrimination or harassment against any person because of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military service, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity or expression will not be tolerated. Through its work, ISGMH advances the health and wellbeing of LGBTQ individuals. Staff and trainees should expect to find a diversity of sexual orientations and gender identities among ISGMH staff, trainees, research participants, and in outreach experiences. We highlight the importance of respecting and valuing this aspect of diversity among staff and trainees.