- Designed with guidance from ethnically diverse YMSM
- Multimedia and interactive content delivery
- Teaches useful skills for real-life scenarios
- Highly rated by participants
- Easy to use
- Accessible online
- Reinforces and expands on information provided by HIV prevention workers in time-limited interactions
- Meets CDC’s prevention grant requirement to provide comprehensive HIV-related prevention services for HIV-negative persons
- Based on the Information–Motivation–Behavioral Skills Model for HIV Preventive Behavior and principles of e-learning
- Tested in 2 efficacy trials, 1 implementation trial, and counting
- Among 901 YMSM in 3 cities, significantly reduced recent condomless anal sex from 70% to 40% in the KIU! arm
- Reductions were maintained for 12 months post intervention
- This represented a 17% greater decrease than an active control arm
- Also reduced STI rates by 40% compared to the control
|KIU! 1.0 (2009 – 2010)||Pilot Randomized Controlled Trial||102 YMSM (ages 18-24) in Chicago||Read Results|
|KIU! 1.5 (2012 – 2014)||Service Implementation||343 YMSM (ages 15-24) in Chicago||Read Results|
|KIU! 2.0 (2013 – 2017)||Randomized Controlled Trial||901 YMSM (ages 18-29) in Chicago, NY and Atlanta||Read Results|
|KIU! 2.5 (2017 – Present)||Service Implementation||Ongoing in Jackson, MS||—|
Q: Can my agency and/or I use Keep It Up! now?
A: We are currently pursuing funding to make KIU! available to community-based organizations, health departments, and young men who would like to use it. Please sign up below to receive updates about KIU!, and we will announce when rollout begins.
To keep up to date with the latest KIU! news, please fill out this form.